My boyfriend and I have been getting back into a routine where we wake up early enough for breakfast. I decided to make him breakfast sandwiches for the week.
We paid $8.97 for the English muffins (2 packs), Canadian bacon (1 pack), and cheese slices (1 pack). We got the eggs for free from using one of our Albertson’s rewards.
I was curious to see how much it costs compared to McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches…
Ours came out to $0.75 for 1 sandwich! If we paid for eggs, it would be $0.86 for 1 sandwich.
Of course, prices will vary depending on where you shop and how much each item costs.
These are the items we got:
What you’ll need:
- Muffin or donut pan
- Oil spray
- Brush (optional)
- Wax paper (microwavable)
- Canadian Bacon or preferred meat
- English Muffins
- Cheese slices
FYI – you’ll have to wait for things to cool down before putting the sandwiches together, so be sure to give yourself some time to make them.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Spray your muffin or donut pan with oil. I used a silicone brush to make sure the oil is spread all over each pocket.
3. Bake your eggs for 14-18 minutes. You can crack each egg directly into a pan pocket. What I did was crack them into a measuring cup, whisked them then poured them into each pan pocket.
4. Toast your muffins and let them cool.
5. Lay meat, cheese and egg. Make sure everything has had time to cool so your cheese doesn’t melt.
6. Wrap each sandwich in a piece of microwaveable wax paper then place in a bag you can seal.
I placed one of the bags in the freezer. You can microwave them for a few minutes when frozen.