I have a hard time shredding chicken using two forks due to tendinitis in my arms. Using a hand mixer has always been recommended, but I could never get it to work… until this last time!
I always boiled the chicken and then used the hand mixer, but the chicken was always too dry which made it very difficult to shred.
This last time I used my Instant Pot and it turned out perfect!
Here is what I did. Note: I don’t add seasoning to my chicken, but feel free to do so!
- Frozen chicken breast(s)
- Chicken broth
- 1 cup of broth per 1 pound of chicken breast
- Set your Instant Pot to manual 》 high setting
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Always check to make sure your chicken has an internal temp of 165°F before consuming. Add more time if needed.
- After the cook time has completed, allow your Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for at least 10 minutes before opening.
- Turn off your Instant Pot and release the remaining air by pushing the pressure value (be careful!).
- Using mittens, carefully remove the inner pot and place on the counter.
- Do not drain the broth, it will help with shredding.
- Using a handheld mixer, shred the chicken breasts.
- Do this on the lowest setting because the broth will splash and could burn you!
I hope this works out for you as it did for me! If you don’t have one already, I recommend a SteamMate! It directs the steam sideways so you don’t have to worry about having to clean your ceilings later. This is the one we bought! 🙂