I wanted something different than our usual chicken, beef and pork. My boyfriend isn’t really a fish fan (except for sushi), but he agreed to have salmon for dinner!
I talked to a few friends to see how they prepare their salmon and there are so many different ways! Some friends added vegetables in with the salmon, but I didn’t do that. Some of the same spices that came up in conversation were thyme, basil and garlic.
My boyfriend actually liked the way I made the salmon, so he has agreed to have it at least once a month lol!
This serves 2 people:
- 1.5 pounds of salmon, cut in half to make two filets.
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons of ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat – we have a gas grill and set it to 450°F.
- Melt the butter and mix in the garlic, ground thyme, dried parsley.
- Slice the lemon into slices.
- Cut a piece of foil big enough to be able to wrap the salmon in.
- Place the salmon filets in the center.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the filets.
- Pour the melted butter mix all over the filets and place the lemon slices on top.
- Wrap the salmon and grill until it is done.
How do I know when my fish is done? Using a fork, gently twist the meat at the thickest point of the filet. If the fish is no longer translucent or raw looking and flakes, then it is time to eat! The internal temp for fish is between 140°F and 145°F.
I paired our salmon with rice and peas!
2 SP on WW Freestyle Blue Plan